I don’t have a love or hate for Valentine’s Day, but it seems every year on February 14th you can always expect to see tons of posts on social media about the holiday. I see pretty much one of two responses: either someone is totally loving celebrating it or they are posting about how they don’t like it (think it’s dumb, only a commercial holiday, don’t have or want a partner to celebrate with so not going to etc.) I figured maybe instead of all the candy hearts, chocolates, dinner reservations, plans, and whatnot, I could suggest an alternative. So for this lovely holiday I am going to talk about 5 reasons why you should make wrestling your Valentine’s date today. <3
1. Wrestling gives great gifts. Wrestling will give you confidence, work ethic, and strength, among many other great gifts. Don’t worry, wrestling understands that Valentine’s Day is only one day out of the year and therefore makes sure to give these great gifts every day (of course, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t skip celebrating it today either..get yourself on the mat and get some repetitions in!).
2. With wrestling, you get what you give. You don’t have to worry about your extravagant gift of flower arrangements or chocolate assortments not being reciprocated. When it comes to wrestling, whatever you put in you will get back.
3. In fact, wrestling may even give you more..just wait till the morning after a hard training when delayed onset muscle soreness reminds you of the great time you had exerting yourself in the practice room the day before. How fun! I recommend an epsom salt bath or some advil
4. Wrestling will always be there for you. No more posting about how you don’t have a Valentine this year, remember you got yourself some wrestling!! If you choose wrestling as your valentine you will find it always RSVP’s back “yes” :) How great that there will be no need to send those “will you be my Valentine?” cards this year.
5. Wrestling is a cheap date. No need for fancy-shmancy dinner reservations this year. Head over to the wrestling room and there the mat will be waiting for you to do shadow drills, sprawls, footwork exercises, you name it! ..ahh the possibilities for date night are endless. You also won’t have to worry if there are any spots left, chances are there will be available space on the mat.
But let’s face it… this article is pointless. You don’t need any convincing to make wrestling your valentine because it’s a weekday and you were going to have to celebrate the holiday with training anyways. Plus, I’m fairly certain there is no coach on the planet that would let you miss a wrestling practice to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Happy training everyone!